Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day 3, Falguni and Shane Peacock, Aamby Valley India Bridal Week 2013

Falguni and Shane Peacock comment on their collection, “We have worked on each piece for AVIBFW individually to replicate the beauty and movement of nature in a contemporary form. For the Garden of Eden Collection, we recently traveled to Europe to gather inspiration for our work. Monaco, Nice and the gardens of Lake Como all played their part in inspiring us to replicate the world’s most beautiful gardens and the natural beauty they embody”. 



The ramp was scattered with flowers as well.

Pictures from the collection:








This saree had a gorgeous Velvet palla!





notice the lace on the blouse neck





Feathers on the palla

Cant make out if the necklace is seprate or attached to the blouse...I would like to think attached would make a great style, no?!

A LOT of assymetrical anarkali's were present.

Showstopper and Press Con

Neha Dhupia walked out in a black gown with a metal peplum type accessory. In her own words she says " I look like a Gothic Bride"




When asked if she would wear this to her wedding, she replied "aah.. there is a lot of hugging involved in an Indian Wedding so probably not, anyone who has been trying to get close to me today has been at the risk of getting hurt"  





Know your designers


I love how shane's goatee is blue!
1. They met when Falguni was a designer and Shane worked with an export firm. "I would drop her home when she came to my office. I kept asking her out but she kept putting it off. I thought she was being pricey," says Shane.
And then suddenly, he found himself drinking coffee with her mother who asked the pertinent question, "So, do you have any intentions of marriage?" "I was like: Thank you for your coffee, ma'am. I'm going," says Shane. "But then I started thinking that it would be nice to marry her."
2. Shane studied engeneering while Falguni graduated in commercial art.

3. There label started in August 2002

1 comment:

I love reading what you have to say :)


Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
x Crazy Indian Wedding
x

Subscription to SimplexDesign

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner