Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Light Lehenga's for Mehendi / Sangeet. ( DIY? #think )

Still need to figure out what I want to wear for Mehendi, not sure if it should be a full length or a knee length lehenga, but I am pretty sure I want something light...
looking for ideas, will probably end up making it on my own (NIFT degree has to count, sometime!).....still finding inspiration!

Loved these ones from Nikasha

absolutely in love wid this one!

This is from the designers shoot 

Similar ones

<3 Anita dongre's design <3

Another from Nikasha's , dont like the color combo that much though.
PS : See those little tassels ( tiny things at the end of the chunni) thats a signature look of Nikasha. ( Little fashion gyaan for you :P ) 
Sabyasachi's,  lehengha saree...hmmm must think this style over
PS : If you need advice on how to do a DIY light lehenga , feel free to ask, will give you advice....if i end up making my own lehenga for mehendi then will do a whole DIY story :)

10 comments:

  1. I like your blog!
    http://sabyasachiandmukherjee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      and I like yours!
      Sabyasachi is a great designer, Thank you for great insights into his world :)

      Delete
  2. I was going with a capri suit for the mehendi but after seeing these pictures, I've totally changed my mind - and it helps that my mehendi is kind of a big function. Def doing the lemon lehenga with the pink chunni. Love it!! Not sure where I'd get that from though... maybe Chandni Chowk? I also want to do floral jewellry, but I can't find vendors for that in Delhi :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy that the article changed your mind, I love lehenga's :D

      plus ur wedding is the only chance you get to get dressed up all the way.

      You might have to look for it a bit in chandni chowk,, i am trying to find one too, or will make one on my own. Will keep you posted if I find one.

      Floral jewelry would be difficult to find :( , I think some designer makes them but its super expensive.

      Delete
  3. Hey Loved ur blog...My wedding is also there in April...looking for Sangeet Lehanga ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey..its really grt..i love the designes you posted..

    i am also getting married in dec,2013..so i am searching some these kinds of lehengaas for my wedding functions..

    hey can u tell me the range of these types??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. congratulations!

      the ones that I have put on are mainly Nikasha designs and cost around 40k (last I checked) but you can easyly get something similar made...watch the blog I made my own mehendi lehenga for almost half the cost!

      Delete
  5. Hi there. Your blog is really interesting. Could I please ask for advice on how to DIY my own lengha? I would appreciate any advice you could give me. Thank u :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi take a look at this post http://www.crazyindianwedding.com/2012/10/diy-saree-readers-question.html its for a DIY Saree but will help you to get an idea or email me at crazyindianwedding@gmail.com

      Delete

I love reading what you have to say :)


Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
x Crazy Indian Wedding
x

Subscription to SimplexDesign

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner